1.5 tsp baking powder (may be omitted for gluten free)
125g sifted icing sugar
Lemon polenta cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and base-line a 23cm spherical springform cake tin
2. Cream the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
3. Mix the dry substances.
4. Add a few of the dry substances to the butter and sugar combine, beat properly then add an egg.
5. Proceed including the remaining dry substances and eggs on this means beating after every addition.
6. Zest the lemons and stir by means of the combination.
7. In the meantime make the syrup by heating the lemon juice and icing sugar collectively in a small pan. As soon as the sugar has dissolved within the juice take away from the warmth and set to 1 facet.
8. Spoon the combination into the ready cake pan and bake within the preheated oven for 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clear. Take away the cake from the oven and permit to chill within the pan.
9. Prick the highest of the cake throughout with a cocktail stick and pour the nice and cozy syrup over the cake.
10. Enable to chill earlier than eradicating from the pan and serving.
11. Scrumptious with clotted cream or crème fraîche.